Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pursuit of happiness

Some days are different from normal ones and when they occur in life, we shall always stride to get full worth of it. Today was one of those for me. I had lots of fun, flying kites whole day. I never had experience of kite flying. So i was slightly hesitant about it. However, as behind every goof up a man makes, there is a woman, my wife insisted. I bought kites and thread.
we got up the terrace early in the morning, only to find that other were more quicker and eager than us. I saw whole sky covered with colorful kites of different shapes and sizes. We started our sail, wife giving 'Kanni' and i having hands on kite flying. We struggled for almost one hour before we could fly our first kite. Withing 2 minutes, somebody cut it down and we have to tie the next one.Fell on electricity wire and torn out. We lost 2 in 2 mins. This trend continued and we lost our kites one by one as BJP lost seats in parliamentary elections. After losing 8 we decided to go down and have lunch. Before that, we successfully flown two kites which came to our terrace after being cut by others.

Situation didn't get better after lunch, and we lost seven ours and 5 others in just two hours. Fifteen (all I had) were gone and i was left with thread, I came down.
So what was the fun i had, if i lost all the way? I would reply to that as,we shall be very clear on the point, that fun and happiness doesn't depend on losing or winning. If you have won, after cheating yourself or compromising your moral or doing what you never wanted to do, it will never lend you in peace or for that matter, bring happiness. It might seem correct at that time but you will regret it some day. If you keep your integrity intact and don't rob or cheat anybody and still you lose ( chance are less), then you shall take lesson from that. But i assure you, you will definitely have peace of mind and eternal happiness at your side. I had the same.

No comments: