Sunday, January 10, 2010

Science of Yoga

Day started as usual as I left for Yoga classes at 5 AM. Today was last day of my beginner’s class and I am now eligible for advance classes starting tomorrow.

I feel good and proud that I did it. From first day of this new year to this day (tenth), I regularly learned basics of Yoga. After attaining classes for ten days, I got better insight about it and discovered that it’s a pure science nothing spiritual or mythological. The Pranayaams, you perform have relation with our major systems in body and their functioning. There are reasons why a particular Assan will be beneficial for particular disease or person and take my word, its all science, no exaggeration. And being a scientist and an educated person, I am bound to be skeptic about it, but I could not find a point to debate on. Moreover, I can feel changes in my life and body, I feel light and relaxed in day, get sound sleep at night, can concentrate on my work, control my thought process and most importantly I have become more organized and disciplined. I find abundant time at my disposal to do all those things what I always wanted to do, particularly helping my wife in kitchen. And yes I did, somewhat succeed to achieve the goal, to reduce my pot belly, for which I joined the class in the first place.

No comments: